Poll: Whether We Should Issue SDN Tokens to the 2nd Lockdrop Unclaimed People?

Only PLM holders should get SDN tokens. Otherwise it isn’t fair for folks who are not on PLM network to get access to SDN as well. They can gain SDN by participating in the lockdrop if they want SDN like everyone else.

Yeah I agree! I still think all PLM investors have shown great early support for the project. I have no issue with the team issuing a small amount of the allocation they gave themselves to ensure all early investors are supported though. Mean they have PLM and therefore can get an SDN deop. Seems like a nice gesture and stops all this talk about claims so we can focus on the future. I also don’t mind the idea of a team having less tokens to encourage great development for all.

1 Like

I would be so happy if the team offered a small portion of their allocation to the people who supported the 2nd lockdrop but failed to compete the claim process and now realise their mistake. If there really are so few of us that are in this position it might not actually mean very many of the teams tokens being needed to achieve this. The community will not be affected and we have a united community pushing towards a common goal. I like this idea. Definitely worth doing and them stops this conversation of who gets SDN cos all would then get them. Please can the team consider this?

So it seems ‘PLM holders’ don’t want ‘non-PLM holders’ to have SDN. As a PLM holder I didn’t pay anything for PLM apart from lock Eth that I will get back shortly so receiving another essentially free token is merely a bonus on top. Given this I think it is perfectly fine to consider all investors who contributed to TVL worthy of receiving SDN. I also think the idea of issuing PLM to those that have come forward with missed claims, from the 35% of tokens the team allocated themselves is worth discussing. What are the negatives of this? I see only positives. Any other takes on this?

1 Like

Hi Sota, just wondering how many tokens were in fact unclaimed during lockdrop 2? Seems all the talk has been about people not claiming but what are we actually talking about? If we are talking dilution or whatever it would be useful to actually have facts. Cheers.

All really interesting points here. So if we assume no more PLM can be created and we are talking about PLM and SDN, and if we are saying it it actually a smart move to support all investors, then several thoughts spring to mind.

1. PLM could be redistributed from all holders to allow non holders to have their share.
  2. This will not necessarily be anywhere near the 6.9% of non claimers anyway if Sota is correct and most people didn’t want to claim anyway.
  3. This proportion that is redistributed could be offset by original claimers getting more SDN than the original non-claimers when it comes to sending out SDN.
  4. Original PLM holders get slightly less proportion but negligible really given its only a sub portion of 6.9%, but then get a higher proportion of SDN, perhaps even a higher proportion than they lost from PLM.

Or
5. It comes fully from the team’s original 35% that they allocated themselves. Which again may not be too much if few of the 6.9% actually come forward.

Really people this is dragging on and on and the only solution I can see is allowing non-claimers access to some or all of their original PLM amount and perhaps then giving original claimers a higher proportion of SDN.

We can draw a line under it and move on.

Of course any tweaks to the above thoughts would be fine but surely we can come together as a community and drive this project forward.

Hopefully the team can do the right thing by all.

1 Like

No it has actually been resolved with a discussion and community vote. This decision was final.

See the original post: "As we discussed, we don’t and won’t issue PLM tokens to unclaimed people during the second lockdrop. See our poll: Poll: Whether We Should Issue Token for Unclaimed Participants of Lockdrop#2 or Not "

This forum post is about a different question. The reason this new question has been asked is because of a 2nd network and token, that noone knew would exist.

3 Likes

We made a final decision not to issue PLM tokens for unclaimed people. You can see the poll on this forum. This topic has been done and the team is focusing on more important topics now.

2 Likes

yeah that is a good point. To be honest, I don’t know. Everything is public and all transactions are on Ethereum. Would be great if you could count it. Obviously, it takes time and I would like to allocate my resource to more important tasks for Plasm.

1 Like

Hi Sota.
I’m just trying to understand the narrative and help the discussion. I’ve noticed 2 main points though.

1. People have been told that new PLM can’t be created therefore lockdrop 2 claims will not reopen. There was a vote about re-opening claim but not a vote about whether there was another way to support people that have come forward with unclaimed cases. Is this correct?
  2. The few people that post here that have PLM think only people with PLM should receive SDN. Which is seemingly based on wanting as many free SDN as possible cos what other reason is there?

Based on these 2 points it seems logical to think outside the box and that is all I was doing.

I can only presume it is possible to redistribute current PLM or a portion of the Teams personal allocation to people who have come forward that did not finalise their claims. I imagine something like this would have been considered if the vote was yes. This would simply require people to provide details of their original claim and for PLM to be moved I would imagine.

Either way I think if people have contributed to the project by locking PLM then whether they have PLM or not or whether the community decide a solution to issue them PLM now, I think their original contribution to TVL means they should receive SDN.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Why should the team pay from their personal allocation to reward those who are entirely responsible for their own mistake and mismanagement of their funds? The people that did not receive their tokens did not follow the instructions, or ask, or read any of the discussions, or stick around and follow the project announcements. If they had done ANY of those things, they would have the PLM.

5 Likes

Oh, I thought this is extremely important and useful data that I would have presumed the team would already be aware of? So we know how much Eth was locked but how much of this was locked by people who finalised the claim Vs those who didn’t and depending on lock period the proportional PLM allocated to each lock was different right? I’m no expert but could the team please publish these details. Would be really interesting to know. Thanks Sota.

3 Likes

Agreed. This is important data. But I really don’t know it and the team doesn’t decided how to deal with the unclaimed token by themselves. It was decided by the community poll. Everything is public and Plasm Network is an 100% OSS. In my opinion, it is impossible for me to prepare for all information. If you are interested in, please do your own research since you can do it. The core team’s resource should be allocated to the most important milestones. Now, the team 100% focus on becoming Kusama/Polkadot parachain.

5 Likes

Hit the nail on the head. I wouldnt want the team to pay from their pot either. They are working hard on the project and you want them to have less because others didnt follow instructions. 93% claimed just fine so whats your excuse for not doing what the other 93% managed to accomplish?
Without the teams hard work and ideas to build the project you would have nothing anyway so because you have nothing so far its seems to me that its okay for the team to have less aswel because you couldnt do what 93% of the lockdrop participants did. What a joke

1 Like

So many aggressive opinions. Are these from actual team members? If not why so aggressive?

Several posts commented on dilution of their tokens but if the team took a pragmatic approach all could be rewarded for supporting the project and no individual would suffer. Also if such a low number, as people keep saying, are affected in this whole claim discussion it shouldn’t really be an issue. Just give them their tokens I say. I have mine and actually don’t mind them getting their fair share cos they supported the project.

I think 35% is actually quite a lot for any one entity to hold but it’s fine, their choice and all laid out in the fine print, but imagine if they were all dumped on the market… I think all issues need to be looked at to ensure our investment is optimised.

At the end of the day to answer the question on this post: are people who locked Eth part of the community and therefore should they receive PLM or SDN. I think the answer has to be yes. TVL people! It’s all about TVL! People who provided early liquidity to Uniswap got repaid handsomely by the project. I see this to be a very similar situation. Did the people who provided liquidity to Uniswap need to prove their engagement in the project or show active participation in the community? No they were rewarded for participating and effectively locking funds up.

Another interesting point is, yes there was a vote. The voting was set up to avoid bots voting. Fair enough. But of the 42 votes was it was split 20-22 or something like that? Well in the chat for the vote there are many people trying to vote but unable to which might’ve made the yes vote win. Were these people bots? No. So if the rules were to stop bots voting but it seemed clear actual people wanted to vote but were unable. Is this really a definitive vote we can hang our hats on? I’d say probably not.

Anyway enjoying the discussion.

4 Likes

Hi all.
I’ve been reading through the forums and a lot of great points being made.
The point u are making is correct however may not actually be relevant to the conversation. If people did think they had claimed they would not be looking for ways to finalise a claim they already thought they had yet may have been focusing on the project road map and therefore being very engaged in the project. We want these people involved in the community.

It is interesting many talk about stupid people not supporting the community and not being active or engaged yet these people locked their precious Ethereum, a great show of support I think u have to concede. They also point to a community vote therefore ‘matter closed’ yet I didn’t see a massive engagement amongst people that did claim compared to those that didn’t, given that in a community of 10000+ only about 80 people I think were elegible to vote in that poll that on this forum based on the criteria with only about half of those being bothered to vote. I think those figures are correct. Seems to me if people are going to lock Ethereum they are great supporters of the project. I would like to think they could receive something in return for this support like we have already received.

It’s a clear yes that all people supporting the project by locking their Ethereum have put us in the great position we are in leading into the third lock and therefore in my humble and community minded opinion should at the very least receive their share of SDN but as obvious early supporters should probably have received some PLM too. Anyone saying otherwise I don’t think is being honest with themselves.

Anyway look forward to what the community decides. How is this going to happen btw?

2 Likes

So funny when people’s greed is expressed in the written word :joy:

Maybe we need to just stop talking about PLM in this thread and focus more on Eth locking.

I locked my Eth for 1000 days and received PLM but all those that locked are part of community and obvious supporters of the projects.

As supporters and community members people who locked Eth should receive SDN.

I would be happy for them also to receive PLM but please don’t shout at me :joy:

3 Likes

I am against the minting additional SDN tokens.
Just some thoughts:
Thinking about extra tokens, i realised, that I could not remember if unclaimed tokens are not MINTED or not DISTRIBUTED. If they were not distributed (but was minted) there would be no big deal. But tokens were not minted, so if Shiden would be a copy of Plasm - the SDN tokens just would not exist. How can the team mint additional tokens? It is a kind of a reputation issue.
Do you really agree with minting additional tokens to whoever team wants?
I am sure, that the team will follow any clear and announced set of rules. If the team thinks that it didn’t make enough awareness about claiming (in which I personally don’t believe, claiming terms were pretty straightforward) , team can compensate some part of people inattention from the treasury. But If the team will follow such a reason, why should not they give some PLM to inattentive guys.
So for now I cant invent any pro reasons for minting additional SDNs. Everyone was on the same field, anyone could make the claim for a long time. Being irresponsible sometimes costs you money. C’est la vie.

2 Likes

Polkadot and Kusama don’t have the same supply so why do PLM and SDN have to. I’d say they don’t. If we have the comparison of Dot and KSM then the amount can be whatever the team decides and therefore is not a relevant point when discussing the topic of this thread. PLM supply can be different to SDN supply and therefore all supporters contributing to TVL can and should receive SDN. In the words of Sota after lockdrop 2: ‘huge thanks to ALL lockdrop participants for joining our community, it is great seeing our community grow at a rapid pace’. So in the words of the great man, participants of the lockdrop are part of our community. Sota has spoken. Give the people what they want :rofl:

1 Like

Our tokenomics for Shiden are built like this, to be a fork of Plam.
The main focus of Plasm is still to become Polkadot parachain, because we also need a network on Kusama we made this easy for us by just doing a fork not building a completely new network with different tokenomics.

PS: we gave the people what they want!

3 Likes